Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Several days since that day I have walked the path and there was no water cooler and it was fine. Today I went out walking in haste. I was frustrated and overwhelmed and needed to burn some negative energy and pray and think. I was distraught. It was 3pm and it was hot. I found myself wondering between pounding steps if the water cooler would be there. I thought to myself, 'this would be a good day for the water cooler to be there' and not just for a drink. As I pictured the cooler standing in the shade on the picnic table, I also wondered if there would be a new verse on the bottles. What might God want to tell me today?

Before long I was thirsting more for the scripture on the bottle than the actual water and wondering and hoping...I rounded a corner of the path and could then see down the way to the tree and the table and There It Was! The blue cooler, resting quietly in the shade...I began to weep. I walked and I cried and I marvelled at how thirsty I was, how hot it was, how near and how far I was to the wonderful water and I just knew there would be words from the Lord inside. I just knew it.

"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in faith, and in purity." 1 Tim 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment