Saturday, March 14, 2009

And then He speaks...

I often feel God calling me,
Summoning me to the quite place,
The beautiful place,
The place of solitude –
So I go. He wants to tell me something.

I find that place – it’s on a beach
Or under a tree
Or even sitting on a flat bed trailer at sunset.
I settle in and wait
And listen
I pray
I listen
I hear the silence
Which sounds like birds …
And cars and insects …
And quietness…
I do not hear God’s voice
“What is it Lord?”
“What do you want to tell me?”
Sigh
I gulp down the peace,
The tranquil moment.
When time stopped, or at the very least,
It ceased to matter.
It tastes like cold water on a hot day-
I sip the quietness and breathe
It tastes like really good wine.
I savor it for a moment.
A pregnant pause
So full of expectation
Listening … in the quite place
I get up, stretch and move
I begin to pray … always
Continuously, without ceasing I pray
I thank Him for this time
This rest, this refreshing and refilling
Of my cup, my heart, my hearing.
As I start to move again
It is often then
That He speaks.

7/28/2008

No comments:

Post a Comment